Food Safety Just in Time for the Holidays
NC State Extension’s Homegrown homepage is updated with the Thanksgiving food safety and food preparation videos, just in time for the upcoming holidays.
- Buying and Thawing Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- Why NOT to Wash Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- How to Safely Brine Your Turkey
- The Safest Way to Smoke or Fry a Turkey
- Should I Precook My Turkey Stuffing?
- Tips for Timing Your Thanksgiving Turkey
- How to Tell When Your Turkey is Done
- Safely Serving Holiday Appetizers
- Let Your Baked Potatoes Breathe
- How to Safely Prep Your Holiday Pies
- Safely Storing Your Holiday Meal Leftovers
Sarah D. Kirby, Ph.D.
Assistant Director, NC State Extension
Professor and FCS Program Leader
Department Extension Leader
Department of Agricultural and Human Sciences
Box 7606, North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7606